Monday, September 27, 2010

News From Around The World.

Today is news from around the world.

Let's start with a kind of frightening article about something that went on and is probably going on right here in the United States.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_fbi_cheating;_ylt=AsIrFWmnK7IW.16bFzIIuzes0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTNqbzl2OTduBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTAwOTI3L3VzX2ZiaV9jaGVhdGluZwRjY29kZQNtb3N0cG9wdWxhcgRjcG9zAzYEcG9zAzMEcHQDaG9tZV9jb2tlBHNlYwN5bl9oZWFkbGluZV9saXN0BHNsawNyZXBvcnRzaWduaWY-

That makes me shake my head in fear. These are people we entrust to enforce the law, follow the rules, and protect citizens rights and they cheat on exams? I wouldn't let them take the test over. I'd fire the whole damn bunch. What would you do?

Now we move on to Iran. I'm already upset at computer cheaters because of the problem I had with my email. Now I am even more mad at the hackers:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100927/ap_on_hi_te/us_computer_attacks;_ylt=AkQZ1GiPqe_9xynGiVO5D9as0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTFobWIxNm0zBHBvcwMxMzQEc2VjA2FjY29yZGlvbl90ZWNobm9sb2d5BHNsawNjb21wdXRlcmF0dGE-

Forty-five thousand computers were infected and thank goodness most of them were in Iran. Only two percent were in the US. With the virus the hackers invented couldn't they use that virus to shut down nuclear plants in the US? It could make us vulnerable to an attack and one we couldn't respond to. What is your reaction to the article?

Now on to Albania for less frightening stuff. Misguided bank robbers. Always one of my favorite subjects, dumb criminals:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100922/od_nm/us_albania_bank;_ylt=Aq6ocP.CnLPHODssdz.KGYas0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTFmaDdzNGNtBHBvcwMyMDcEc2VjA2FjY29yZGlvbl9vZGRfbmV3cwRzbGsDcm9iYmVyc25hYmJl

The idiots should have considered the noise the drilling would make and used some kind of silencer. There are silencers for guns, why not drills? Should the courts go easy on the robbers because you can't fix stupid?

That is all for the day. I'm off to get dressed and head out for a business lunch that is about an hour away from home. May this be a really good Monday for you, starting the best of weeks!

WHO AM I?

I was born in China in 1932 and a politician that served in the New Jersey General Assembly from 1998 to 2006. I am the great-granddaughter of the founder of the China Inland Mission. As a young girl I was a student at the Chefoo School at Yantai in Shandong, China and spent three years in a Japanese concentration camp at Weifang during World War II where I was liberated by American paratroopers in 1945. Over 50 years late I began to seek out and thank, in person, each of the soldiers who had been involved in liberating the camp. At the age of fourteen I lost my right hand in a revolving saw accident. It didn't stop me as I went on to get both a B.A. and an M.A. Before running for office was the Administrator of Camden County Youth Center for over 20 years. I was the first female president of the New Jersey Juvenile Detention Association. I later would publish a book about my experience at the detention association. The books title will remind you of a starving Caspar and his friends. I have served on the Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention Advisory Committee, the Advisory Council on Juvenile Justice, the Assembly on the Family, Women and Children's Services Committee (as Chair), the Federal Relations Committee and the Regulated Professions and Independent Authorities Committee. I did not seek reelection to the Assembly in 2005, and was succeeded by a fellow Democrat. Who Am I?

4 comments:

Pat said...

The article says the test was "open book". Cheating on an open book test has to be the lowest of the low, only done by people too stupid to read or too lazy. Fire the bunch.

Hackers? More candidates for the lowest of the low. Targeting Iranian uranium enrichment facilities? Interesting. Wonder who and/or why.

Stupid criminals are always fun. I wonder if these guys were doing their drilling during business hours.

Hope you have a good lunch and an all-around good day.

Lady DR said...

The first article is very disturbing. As Pat said, cheating is bad enough, but on an "open book" test it's insane. The FBI agents don't know what's right or wrong. I find this especially disturbing, given the report Himself saw in today's news that DC, apparently supported by the president, is moving to pass "hidden" legislation making it legal for agencies to monitor any and individuals' website visits, searches and personal email. Has Big Brother arrived?

The article on hackers is frightening. Having suffered from their effects, as you did, altho my experience was with credit card fraud, I think they all need to be hung by their thumbs for eternity. It's not just nuclear plants. What about water systems, damns and the like? Can they hack into financial systems and basically freeze the economy? Causes some very unsettling thoughts.

As to the robbers... you really can't fix stupid, but I don't think it's a reason to let them off easy.

William J. said...

Hi Pat

It was a good lunch but made for a busy day.

I can't imagine anyone cheating on an open book test. That is the low of low. It just shows dishonesty and that isn't a trait I want in my law enforcement officials.

Because it was Iran it makes me wonder if it was Israel or a ocvert group here that is maybe associated with the CIA.

I kind of got the impression that they were doing it during the day. Dumb.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi DR

Himself's discovery combined with this article is frigtening, the article said the tests were mainly for when and how to legally use surveillance. I do think big brother is here.

Interest points about water systems and damnn and financial sytems. They could shut down Wall Street. Very disturbing.

OK the robbers go to jail. But I do feel sorry for people that dumb.

Bill