Friday, October 14, 2011

Finds

Long day yesterday. I was going from 4:30 in the morning until I got home at ten last night and crashed. The movie IDES OF MARCH was a great story and very well acted but if politics is really like that we are in big trouble. No integrity anywhere.

Doing finds today, I wish I would have been the one doing the finding in the first article:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/10/18-million-silver-shipwreck_n_1003806.html?icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-sb-nb%7Cdl10%7Csec1_lnk2%7C103220

I'm not sure of the significance of the find in the next article but is seemed like an interesting story:

http://news.yahoo.com/ancient-art-supplies-found-south-african-cave-182951176.html

Next find is a very unique vacuum cleaner.

http://www.pawnation.com/2011/10/13/hamster-hoovers-rice-trail/?icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-sb-nb%7Cdl14%7Csec3_lnk2%7C100112

Comment Away.

Andrea Dworkin authored yesterday's quote. "The finest inheritance you can give to a child is to allow it to make its own way, completely on its own feet." Was authored by a an American dancer who rejected classical ballet forms for more natural movements of interpretive dance, which later evolved into modern dance. She first found fame in Europe which received her more readily. Her personal life was also unconventional and scandalous, including a dramatic death. She was born in 1877. She died in 1927 of accidental strangulation when a long scarf she was wearing became caught in the rear wheel of the car she was riding in. Shortly after her death, her autobiography came out, MY LIFE. She knew the ART OF DANCE. If you know the art of dance, you can tell me who authored today's quote.

2 comments:

Lady DR said...

Nice find on the silver. Hey, I'd be happy with 80% of the big bucks!

My previous client would have loved the article on the ancient art supplies, which confirms much of the research he/we did on the advanced state of our ancestors.

The hamster video/article was darling. I have a puppy who vacuums the floor quite effectively for food crumbs and also small leaves and such. Still, I'm rather afraid I still need the vacuum on a weekly basis (wry s).

William J. said...

Hi DR

Shoot I'd be happy with half of the silver!

You learn so much from your clients. I am always amazed by that and the different subjects you have edited.

Katie was a good vacuum cleaner but I also had to have a regular one in addition to her. Loved the hamster video.

Bill