Tuesday, October 4, 2011

It's Magic Watch Your Privacy Disapper

It's magic. Maybe so but it was pretty stupid:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44717470/ns/us_news-weird_news/

Why this man didn't ask himself, maybe I shouldn't do this because it might embarrass someone is very puzzling. He really is a magician he made common sense disappear.

The woman in the above story deserved her privacy and so do we. However, the following story leaves some doubt on whether we really do have privacy:

http://www.dailyfinance.com/2011/09/30/when-it-comes-to-cell-phone-privacy-youre-an-open-book/?icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-sb-nb%7Cdl7%7Csec1_lnk2%7C100973


The following article mentions the newest thing for a single guy:

http://digitallife.today.com/_news/2011/09/29/8039781-for-a-fun-time-and-a-fake-girlfriend-text-this-number

I think I will pass, I will just admit I don't have a girl friend as my guess neither does anyone else sitting at the table, if they had one they would be out with her not sitting with a bunch of boring guys.

Comment Away.

QUOTE

Yesterday's quote was authored by Marilyn Fuller. "No one can persuade another to change. Each of us guards a gate of change that can only be opened from the inside. We cannot open the gate of another, either by agreement or by emotional appeal. " Was authored by a lady born in 1938 and died in 2008. She was an American author, editor and public speaker, best known for her 1980 book THE AQUARIAN CONSPIRACY and its affiliation with the New Age Movement in popular culture.
A founding member of the Association of Humanistic Psychology She published and edited the well-regarded science newsletter from 1975 to 1996. She eventually earned numerous honorary degrees, served on the board of directors of the Institute of Noetic Sciences, and befriended such diverse figures of influence as inventor as spiritual author Ram Dass, Nobel Prize-winning chemist Ilya Prigogine and billionaire Ted Turner. Her work also influenced Vice President Al Gore, who participated in her informal network while a senator and later met with her in the White House. Who Authored today's quote?

4 comments:

Pat said...

Yes, the bra trick was pretty stupid. A little sleight of hand to open a committee meeting... well, why not? With underwear? Probably a bad idea.

I'm sure all the info from cell phones is very useful in crime detection. At least TV shows and novels would have you believe so. I am personally not very concerned about privacy issues, but it is beginning to look a little frightening even to people like me, whose lives are open books.

As to fakegirlfriend.co, does anyone really care whether someone else has a girlfriend? I think your solution is by far the best, but there's always "None of your business".

William J. said...

Hi Pat

Answering this before taking off for Mom's.

Sleight of hand as entertainment before a meetting, good, but let's have one with a little common sense.

The cell phone thing bothers me a lot because they did it without letting me know. I have nothing to hide and they shouldn't hide what they are doing.

I actually don't think people care whether someone has a gf or not.

Bill

Lady DR said...

I think we all agree the bra trick was pretty foolish. Unfortunately, you can't fix 'stupid.'

The cell phone thing... I suspect most of us have little idea just how little privacy we have nowadays. Witness the discussions about FB in S16, as an example. I'd seen another report on the device and MSP and it said pretty much the same thing - they weren't asking for cell phones without a warrant. I can see where the tracking issues could be helpful in criminal investigations, but it does make one wonder just how much anyone knows about your personal life and habits and such.

Couldn't get to the page on fake girlfriends, but I really don't think it's anyone's business and wonder, like Pat, how many people really care. Another good response would be "Why would you ask that?" which is good for almost any personal question.

William J. said...

Hi DR

The guy with the bra trick resigned his position so the trick did him in. He was just dumb.

I agree that we are losing privacy everyhere but there has been nothing anywhere about cell phone companies keeping track of who called me and me them. I think they should not only have let us know but added privacy settings that would have allowed us out of it since they didn't I am upset.

The fake girl friend thing was for guys that were out together. You push a button on your cell phone and in a few minutes it rings and there is sexy girl on there saying things like "honey you better come home." It was to impress other men friends. I just thought it was stupid.

Bill