Monday, October 31, 2011

Sing Songs, Read Inspiring Stories, & Buy A Zombie

I feel like singing because Mom is better, I'm rested, and it is Halloween!

http://www.theboot.com/2011/10/25/scary-songs/?icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-sb-nb%7Cdl4%7Csec1_lnk2%7C108063

Are you frightfully satisfied by the music? Now on the inspiring women. Young women:

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/10/ellen_pattersons_journey_high.html

How much money do think Halloween means to the economy? Look how good Zombies are to the economy:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45079546/ns/business-stocks_and_economy/

Comment Away,

"If the world were a logical place, men would ride side saddle" was authored by a writer who was a gay activist and feminist in the 1960s born in 1944 who founded Lavender Menace when she was fired by the National Organization for Women (NOW) in 1969. She was the author of RUBYFRUIT JUNGLE and other novels including mystery series.

7 comments:

Lady DR said...

Thanks for the site on the music. I hadn't thought of any of them being particularly spooky, although there were a couple that were new to me. Mostly, I find them hauntingly sad.

Great story on the inspiring young track star. What a great attitude and what a great group of friends and teammates she has.

As to the zombies? Who knew?

Pat said...

Gosh, who knew there were so many scary songs? And I don't know any of them. Must educate myself.

Brave girl in the running story. I hope she does well and never has to do this again. Kudos to her friends and teammates, also.

This sure seems to be the year for zombies. Personally, I've always found them the most boring of the ghoulies. I much prefer vampires, but I guess every scary creature has its day. I wonder how much money vamps have generated vs zombies.

But how could the writer include the Frankenstein monster in the zombie category? That's just ignorant. {g}

Unknown said...

Hello, I've been away, so hadn't been dropping in. Glad your mum is better. Hope you've been well yourself.

William J. said...

Hi DR

I didn't know most of the songs and I agree with you that they were on the sad side.

The young track star is really a hero and so is the community that got behind her. I like stories of people doing the right thing.

I was shocked at how much money was spent on Halloween.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi Pat

Lol I can always count on you, it is a stretch to make Frankenstein a Zombie! Both Vampires and Zombies scare me! And there wasn't either one in costume last night. Most little angels.

I didn't know there were that many scary songs but then I've been stuck on The Monster Mash for Halloween for years.

I also hope the young story never has to do anything again but enjoy life. Kudos for the community.

Bill

William J. said...

Snug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Such a great treat to see you here.
I've been following you on Facebook so I knew you were around but what a nice treat to see you post.

Bill

Lady DR said...

HI, Snug - Great to see you here. Hope all is well with you and yours. We miss you.