Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Laugh, Smile, & Learn

Let's laugh:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/18/fast-food-fails_n_1011621.html#s409402&title=Oh_Oh_No

I liked the start your morning with sausage one the best. And you?

Let's smile:

http://yourlife.usatoday.com/mind-soul/doing-good/story/2011-10-22/Millions-volunteer-on-Make-A-Difference-Day/50869750/1

I wish I would have known last Saturday was make a difference day or I would have done something.


Let's learn:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/daniel-post-senning/emily-post-etiquette-for-men_b_1022807.html?icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-sb-nb%7Cdl12%7Csec1_lnk2%7C106980

I do all but two, do you want to guess the two?

Comment Away.

QUOTE

Pema Chodron authored yesterday's quote. "I believe in art that is connected to real human feeling, that extends itself beyond the limits of the art world to embrace all people who are striving for alternatives in an increasingly dehumanized world. I am trying to make art that relates to the deepest and most mythic concerns of human kind and I believe that, at this moment of history, feminism is humanism" was authored by a woman born in 1939 who achieved prominence with "The Dinner Party" which celebrated women's achievements and lesser-known women of history. She was an early promoter of feminist art. Her "The Birth Project" focused on images of birth, a theme that she found missing in art's history. Have your ever looked THROUGH THE FLOWER: MY STRUGGLE AS A WOMAN ARTIST? Look now and you can answer the question, who authored today's quote.

4 comments:

Pat said...

Very funny fast food signs! I'm wondering about the "heavyset consumers" one, though, and will give Wendy's brownie points for having a sense of humor.

Make a Difference Day is a great idea. But it doesn't seem to get much press. I had never heard of it before.

I'm guessing you don't ask before extending traditional courtesies, and let's see... I can't pick out the other one you might not do. Be on time? Probably not. I guess I'll pick either RSVPing or thank you notes.

Lady DR said...

The fast food signs were funny... anus burgers? I think not! I was also interested to see the bit about fast food places serving beer and Starbucks adding a wine bar. Somehow, I just don't think beer belongs in a Burger King.

Like you, hadn't realized Saturday was Make a Difference day. It used to get a fair amount of press, but I saw nothing today. USA Today Sunday supplement used to run a special edition, featuring the top ten winners.

Hmmm, all but two... I'd guess you don't ask, before extending traditional courtesies. I know you're a bear about being on time. Would it be thank you notes? I've tried to be better about those. Funny - I sent a TY to Mike and Joanne for including us in their daughter's engagement party and what a good time we had and Joanne called me to thank me for the thank you note! She said she'd never done that, but it had been ages since anyone sent her a "thank you" and I was the only one from the party. Is there a message here?

William J. said...

Hi Pat

Wendy's does have a sense of humor and I like that. I wonder if anyone went inside and told some of the restaurants about their missteps.

I never heard of it before either.

Both you and DR nailed me not asking for traditional coutesies. Like DR said I am a stickler for being on time. I also make sure I RSVP and write thank you notes. The other one is I am not careful about what I post online.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi DR

It is amazing the words you can make from Angus if you just leave out a letter or to. I agree with you about beer at Burger King. Because of the type of clientile I am more open to wine at Starbucks.

I hope next year the post more information about make a difference day. I'd like to particiapte.

I do RSVP and Thank you cards. Like you and Pat guessed I don't ask when doing traditional manners and I am not careful about what I post online.

Joanne's reaction is pretty much the same reaction that I get when I send thank you cards. It is such a lost art.

Bill