Monday, October 3, 2011

Monday, Monday.

Hope you are having a good start of the week. This is a busy week for me. This afternoon is an appointment for hand reflexology with Nancie, She is trying to get certified in hand reflexology and has to perform twenty procedures before she is licensed. I am one of the twenty. We are going out to dinner afterwards. Since she can't charge for the hand reflexology dinner is on me. Then I leave for Mom's tomorrow at one and am there until six thirty Thursday night.

Let's start out the week with some good articles.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/02/mariah-slick-down-syndrome-homecoming-queen_n_991098.html?icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-sb-nb%7Cdl6%7Csec1_lnk2%7C100831

This just touched me to the core. Good for the students!

Now on to another young student show courage and getting involved:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/03/boy-stops-robbery-video_n_992035.html?icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-sb-nb%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk2%7C1009

He showed more courage than I would have.

Let's close Monday by turning bad foods into good ones.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/eatingwell/bad-foods-good-for-you_b_974659.html?ref=healthy-living-body&icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-sb-nb%7Cdl11%7Csec3_lnk3%7C100595

Comment Away.

QUOTE

"When not one man, in the million, shall I say? no, not in the hundred million, can rise above the belief that Woman was made for Man, — when such traits as these are daily forced upon the attention, can we feel that Man will always do justice to the interests of Woman? Can we think that he takes a sufficiently discerning and religious view of her office and destiny ever to do her justice, except when prompted by sentiment — accidentally or transiently?" Was authored by an American writer, journalist, and philosopher, was part of the Transcendentalist circle. Her "conversations" encouraged the women of Boston to develop their intellectual capacities. In 1845 she published WOMAN IN THE NINETEENTH CENTURY, now considered an early feminist classic. She married in Italy while covering the Roman Revolution, had a child, and was drowned with her husband and daughter on their return to America in a shipwreck just off shore. She was born in 1810 and died at the young age of forty in 1850. Who Authored today's quote?

4 comments:

Pat said...

I had to look up reflexology. You'll have to tell me how... or if... it works. But nice of you to be a guinea pig and to take Nancie to dinner afterwards. Not that I didn't know you'd take her to dinner anyway. {g}

Very sweet story about the Homecoming Queen. Good for that student body for going a little bit beyond the usual beauty queen stuff.

The aborted robbery video is a hoot! Together, the kid and the store manager sure got it done in style. I'm glad they found and arrested the robber.

I'm always glad to see reasonable advice about foods I like. {g}

William J. said...

Hi Pat

She is already a certified reflexologist in feet and is now going for the hands. When she did my feet it did indeed increase circulation in them.

You nailed what I liked about the Homecomiong Queen, it went beyone the usual high school stuff.

I thought the robbery was kind of funny to. I guess the video is now going viral.

I liked the food article for the reason you stated, it was reasonable. I am now going to put olive oil on my potatoes.

Bill

Lady DR said...

Glad to hear you're having Nancie do the reflexology. We learned a bit about it in tai chi and I liked it. Also glad you'll enjoy dinner together afterwards.

The homecoming queen story is wonderful - the girl is very pretty, but interesting the comments that showed the kids looked beyond that.

So pleased to see that many of the foods I've defended for years are considered "good for you" (G). I will admit to putting butter on my baked potatoes and not always baking whole wheat bread, but otherwise, we're doing very well with the nutrition aspects.

William J. said...

Hi DR

The hand thing was interest as Nancie said my hands were the most interesting she has treated. The dinner was great!

The fact that the kids looked beyond normal things that usually go into homecoming queens made the first article so charming. That and the girl's reaction.

I like almost every food mentioned in the food article so like you I was very happy to get some good pub for them. Now with a little olive oil I can eat them at will.

Bill