Tuesday, June 5, 2012

A Proud Slut

I'm feeling pretty proud today. Yesterday Mom told me I was fun to be around, more fun than the caregiver or sis and the time goes fast when I am there. It is part of a mental approach I adopted a at the beginning this year. Don't react. Bite my tongue. Enjoy life. Look at the time I have to spend a Mom's as an opportunity. An opportunity to spend time with Mom and to make her life fun. I've went sideways a few time but generally it seems to be working. I'm also feeling proud because I am about 30% through with cleaning my house and it is starting to look damn good.

I am also proud to be a slut. Well, maybe I don't qualify to join the following organization but I sure would want to. It just sounds fun.

http://news.yahoo.com/sluts-unite-against-republicans-rush-limbaugh-100132902--abc-news-politics.html;_ylt=Atv5IvEWUMIq2NBdVlAZGfms0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTNtOHVhNDEyBG1pdANUb3BTdG9yeSBGUARwa2cDM2FhZjljMzAtNmRlMy0zNWYxLWI5OTYtNWFlY2VmZDQ1NDA4BHBvcwMxMARzZWMDdG9wX3N0b3J5BHZlcgM1YTU5ZDRkMS1hZWY2LTExZTEtYmZhYy0yNmViMjI4MzgwYjc-;_ylg=X3oDMTFlamZvM2ZlBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdAMEcHQDc2VjdGlvbnM-;_ylv=3

I'm thinking about going to the ATM today to get some cash. Are you?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/04/td-bank-counterfeit-bills_n_1567745.html?icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-sb-nb%7Cdl10%7Csec3_lnk2%26pLid%3D166897

Got an extra seven or hours that you need to fill with something to do? I have just the thing for you:

http://news.yahoo.com/transit-venus-explained-stages-todays-rare-sun-crossing-114501461.html;_ylt=AgDQc1K1iblGGN1spSRyeDWs0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTNsNmxrYmhzBG1pdANUb3BTdG9yeSBGUARwa2cDOWM0OTYzZjgtNTIxYy0zOWI3LWJmNmItNDdiOTQ3NGEzNjljBHBvcwMxBHNlYwN0b3Bfc3RvcnkEdmVyAzJhZDZlYTQ3LWFmMTQtMTFlMS1iZmZmLWQ3OTlhNmQwNGM2Yw--;_ylg=X3oDMTFlamZvM2ZlBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdAMEcHQDc2VjdGlvbnM-;_ylv=3

Comment Away.

2 comments:

Pat said...

I definitely qualify as a slut, so sign me up!

I can sort of see why the bank didn't want to reimburse him, but if it was only one $100 bill, they sure made a mistake and lost a customer for what would have been small cost to them.

But in general, to put the responsibility on the receiver, as the article seems to say is the case, is just not fair. The only way to avoid it, or soften the blow, I guess, is to never get large amounts of cash from any one place, so if you're stuck with a counterfeit, it won't be much.

The transit of Venus, unlike the recent annular eclipse, will be too hard to see unless you have a good solar filter. So I plan to look at the professionals' photos of it.

William J. said...

Hi Pat

I might even dress in drag to join the Sluts.

I can also see why the bank wouldn't reimburse him but it is a bank error not his error and he shouldn't be out anything. A minimum the conpany that loads the ATM should pay the bill.

We are having clear skies tonight so I hope I am able to see the transit of Venus.

Bill