Friday, June 1, 2012

Seventy-Six Trombones.

Off to an eight hour accounting seminar today. I hope to catch up on my sleep. I need a smile to start out what I am sure will be a boring day. And does this marriage proposal ever bring a smile to my face:

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/wedding-proposal-viral-16439091

She said yes.

Did you think the people in the above video were dressed decently enough? That is because Portland didn't make the following list:


http://www.huffingtonpost.com/travel-leisure/americas-worstdressed-peo_b_1543505.html?icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-sb-nb%7Cdl25%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D165078

And would speaking of weddings and parties would you want the following guest to crash your party:

http://news.yahoo.com/bear-crashes-calif-middle-school-graduation-125057151.html;_ylt=AmZVeSpuIVYxiyyxoXKAVPqs0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTQzMTZjMWNoBG1pdANPZGQgRnJvbnQgUGFnZQRwa2cDN2Y0MzgxN2YtYmVjNS0zYTY3LWIyYjItMzFjOTYzZTA0Y2Q3BHBvcwMxBHNlYwNNZWRpYVNlY3Rpb25MaXN0VGVtcAR2ZXIDNmE5ZmE1OTEtYWJlYS0xMWUxLWE3ZmEtNDNhMDBmZTE1YTU1;_ylg=X3oDMTFlamZvM2ZlBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdAMEcHQDc2VjdGlvbnM-;_ylv=3

Off to be bored to death. Comment Away.

6 comments:

Mary said...

Eight hours. I think I'd die. I can only do about three hours at a time, my brain stops absorbing information after that. The class I'm taking now, I get 40 hours of CPE for, but it's perfect, because I can go at my own pace. I work on it for an hour or so and then stop and do something else. And we wonder where Danny got his ADD. {g}

Pat said...

The proposal video is amazing. I hope we can see the wedding video when it happens. Erm, they looked well-enough dressed to me, but reading on...

Okay, I'll accept their list. Since you and I aren't on it. {g}

No bears at my graduation, puh-leese. If one wanders into your seminar, at least you won't be bored. Lotsa luck on that.

Lady DR said...

Oh, and we know how you love attending accounting seminars. Hope you got in a good nap.

The proposal video was great! What fun and creativity.

Actually, I have some questions about the "worst dressed" cities. I'll defend Anchorage, since I've been there in winter and your only real concern is staying warm and avoiding frostbite. Some of the others, especially Orlando and Disney, I wonder how many of the people viewed as poorly dressed are actually visitors, not residents. I can tell the latter far outnumber the former at Disney and other FL attractions! I think the same could be true of other venues. Where people used to "dress their best" for vacations, my observations are that many now dress for comfort and, perhaps, feel they won't see anyone they know, so who cares?

The bear story was cute. Glad no one was hurt and the little guy is back in the wilds.

William J. said...

Hi Mary

I usually try to get my will in order before I attend an eight hour accounting seminar in case I die of boredom. Forty hours is a lot and it is great you can take it on your own. I kind of like going in person because it gets me out of the house. And new this year is we have to send proof of attendance along with our license renewal.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi Pat

The proposal video went viral. They were on Good Morning America last week, yesterday in the Oregonian there was a cast list of the video. So I think we will see the wedding. By the way the groom is an actor and had a one man touring show called DEFENDING THE CAVEMAN and I went to it. It was absolutely hilarious.

I agree since we aren't on the list it is a good list. Now Portland would make the weirdest dressed list.

Unfortunately no bears wondered nto my seminar but I did get two books read.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi DR

And I have another one in two weekes then I am done until December.

The proposal video is well over a million hits on You Tube. It really is going viral. Something fun in today's troubled times.

The worst dress list is pretty subjective. I mean even my mom and sister disagree how I should wear my hear. So I comb it one way when I go to sisters and another way when I go to Mom's. Plus like you I don't think they took weather into consideration. And you make a good point about Orlando, it is a visitor destination. I think the casual Friday thing expand to casual all the time and that has taken away from good dressing. You don't see a lot of suits anymore.

I'm glad the bear made it safely back to the wilds and the kids had an exciting day without anyone getting hurt.

Bill