Sunday, January 23, 2011

Brief Update

When Bell telephone was struggling to get started, its owners offered all their rights to Western Union for $100,000. The offer was disdainfully rejected with the pronouncement, "What use could this company make of an electrical toy."

The answer to yesterday's Who Am I was Anne Frank.

Going to be a short update today because this is your day and I really want to know what is up with you.

Last Week. Two days three nights at Mom's. One day at a seminar, the second scheduled day at the seminar was canceled. Finished Phillip Margolin's THE ASSOCIATE. Dinner out with Mom, Sister, and her husband on Thursday night. Then the big party Saturday night.

Coming up this week. Relaxing today. Tomorrow work. Tuesday my annual eye appointment. Tuesday and Wednesday nights and Thursday day at Mom's. Friday and Saturday getting ready for tax season mode.

Not much on the entertainment front. American Idol started but I don't usually watch the show. I may this year but I will wait until they get down to where there are a final twelve.

That's it for me. You know the drill, fess up and tell me about your lives.

4 comments:

Lady DR said...

Will update later. Right now, I'd like to ask for prayers and white light for my brother's m-i-l. His wife has been in PA the last week, because her mom was in hospital for a couple days with severe knee pain and they're considering replacement, put her in a nursing home to build her strength for two weeks and then make a decision.

Just talked to Lake (bro). Alice (s-i-l) left PA Friday afternoon, her mom in the nursing home. Alice got a call the next morning (she was in a hotel in Detroit) that her Mom had some rectal bleeding, but the recommendation was she continue home. They got a call last night that Rosie (mom) had been taken to hospital in Somerset, the gastro was out of town for a week and the internist had her transferred to the hospital in Jonesboro ( think it is) where they had an on-site gastro. Alice's sister, Linda, is at hospital with her, as far as I know. They're going to do a colonoscopy tomorrow, if Rosie can tolerate the prep (they had to stop it mid-point early afternoon, as she got very sick and her b/p dropped, but they started a different prep about 5:00). They're very concerned about the bleeding and b/p. Alice may well be on her way back to PA tomorrow and, depending on circumstances, Lake may or may not go with her, if they can make arrangements for the dogs.

Please add Rosie, Alice and Lake to your prayers. This is a totally unexpected development and puts the knee replacement question in the shade. I'm so thankful she was at the nursing home and not at home or alone. At this point, no one has any answers, only the fact this could be quite serious.

Thank you for prayers and good thoughts.

William J. said...

Hi DR

I've added everyone to my prayer list not just Rosie but everyone involved.

Bill

Pat said...

Lots of good wishes coming for all, DR!

Nothing to update except I'm still working from the little netbook, so not saying much.

William J. said...

Hi Pat

I hope you get your computer up and running soon!

Bill