Friday, January 14, 2011

What's Your Sign?

In 1944, Emmeline Snively, director of the Blue Book Modeling Agency, told modeling hopeful Norma Jean Baker, "You'd better learn secretarial work or else get married." I'm sure you know that Norma Jean was Marilyn Monroe. Now . . . who was Emmeline Snively?

What your sign? Not so fast, I thought I was either a Gemini or Cancer most of my life. Now I find out I'm a Taurus or a Gemini.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/6217292/a_change_in_the_zodiac_ophiuchus_the.html?cat=9

In job interviews you almost always get the question, "What is your greatest weakness" and you are kind of stumped how to answer that question. The following article gives some tips on how to answer the question during job interviews. However, I'm curious as what you all see as your greatest weakness. My greatest weakness is also my greatest strength. It just depends on how you define that personality trait. My weakness is I'm bullheaded. My strength is that I am resilient and don't gave up. Come on now fess up, what is your greatest weakness and what i your greatest strength?

http://jobs.aol.com/articles/2011/01/10/interview-question-your-greatest-weakness/?icid=main%7Chtmlws-sb-n%7Cdl4%7Csec1_lnk3%7C195250

It is Friday so lets end the relaxing day with a fun quiz. Five questions about the news of the last few days. I got three out of five.

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/01/13/test-your-news-iq-in-weekly-street-quiz-video/

What did you get?

Comments are always welcome.

Who Am I?

I was born in 1883 and died in 171 and was a pioneering French fashion designer whose modernist philosophy, menswear-inspired fashions, and pursuit of expensive simplicity made her an important figure in 20th-century fashion. and was named one of Time 100: The Most Important People of the Century. I was the second daughter of a market stallholder and laundrywoman. I had five siblings: two sisters and three brothers. My mother died of tuberculosis and father left the family. Because of this I spent six years in a orphanage and learned to a seamstress. When I turned eighteen I left the orphanage to become a cabaret singer. I performed in clubs in Vichy and Moulins. When I failed to get steady work as a singer I a met rich, young French textile heir and became an acknowledged mistress. I soon began designing hats as a hobby. My second love financed my first shops and his own clothing style, notably his jersey blazers, inspired my look. After his death I became a licensed modiste (hat maker) and opened a boutique. I launched her career as fashion designer when I opened her my boutique. I created loose casual clothes made out of jersey, a material typically used for men's underwear. I dated some of the most influential men of my time, but never married. At the beginning of World War II I closed my shops. I believed that it was not a time for fashion. I lived in the Hôtel Ritz Paris on and off for more than 30 years, making the hotel my Paris home even during the German occupation. My close relationship with Nazi's during the war, even though I was arrested by the Gestapo as a spy, prevented my after the war collection from being a big hit. My first name will remind you of an ingredient for hot chocolate. You can find my last name if you search the gift from heaven on Bill's blog. Who Am I?

11 comments:

cd0103 said...

I got 3 out of 5 also. Missed the state and the winery question.

Have you seen this?

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/blog/the_dagger/post/Distracting-glare-detracts-from-first-game-
-Or?urn=ncaab-307433

William J. said...

Hi Connie

I missed the same two you did. Even though I had a link to the article on the blog.

Interesting article aboutthe new Matthew Knight Arena. 237 Mil and nobody tested it on TV.

Bill

Pat said...

If I believed at all in astrology, I guess I'd be relieved that I'm
still Pisces. As of now, my only question is how to pronounce Ophiuchus.

Greatest weakness: procrastination. Greatest strength: I dunno, maybe
dealing with problems fairly calmly.

Can't get the quiz because my computer died and the netbook doesn't
deal with Flash. Yet.

William J. said...

Hi Pat

Sorry about your computer being down. I hope either it fixes itself or you get a brand new computer!

I didn't even try to pronounce
Ophiuchus.

You are calm in a crisis!

Bill

Lady DR said...

Astrology - I studied it for several years and even did charts. The "new" charts move me from Virgo to Leo, but I was on the "cusp" between the two under the old chart and my chart was always afflicted. Most people don't understand that astrologers consider the "ascendant" to be as important a fact (sometimes more so) than the birth sign. Mine is Gemini. You have to put the sun, moon and ascendant sorta together to get a real picture. Now, I wonder how the new chart affects the ascendant.

Greatest weakness/ strength. Hate this question. I don't know that it's my greatest weakness, but I will admit I'm quite good at procrastination. However, this may lead to my strength, which is bringing order out of chaos and generally dealing well with crisis situations, be they business or personal.

I didn't do at all well on the news questions of the week, but was appalled at the tax information about IL. I'm amazed my brother and cousins haven't gone ballistic over this, unless they didn't see it coming.

Still being held hostage by weather, except for a three hour window each afternoon, when roads are considered "safe" the last couple days. Still trudging through six-plus inches of ice-crusted snow on the 100' slope, to get to the car down on the road. Winter is wearing thin.

William J. said...

Hi DR

I used to do astrology charts too and the sun sign was an extreme small part of any chart. Makes me also wonder if the new rules took the rising sign, etc into consideration.

Sorry you hate the weakness question but I can think of a lot of strengths that you have and procrastionation isn't that serious of a weakness.

I forgot you had relatives in Illinois. I wouldn't want to live there now.

I'm sorry the weather stinks, our storm never did materialize. I am glad you can get out three hours a day but am rooting for the day when there is no time limitation.

Bill

dona said...

I only got 2 of the 5 answers correct. Being cooped up for a week you would think I would be paying attention to the news a bit more than usual, but no.

I have been a Libra as has the Shankster...now we are both Virgo according to these charts. I am anxious to tell my sister she is a Ophiuchus....if you all will find out & let me know how to pronouce it!

Bill I think my weakness is being bullheaded too. But I also think I am a procrastinator. Don't think I have a strength.

DR, hoping you can get out more soon. I sure hear you on being cooped up. Today was the first day we got out this week, I was ok but I think the Shankster would have exploded if he wasn't able to put a few miles between him and my dad. :)

William J. said...

Dona

Shame on you, you have a ton of strengths. Kindness, humor, sincerity, artistic.

I'm sorry you were cooped up and I am glad you got out before you had to hide the axes from him.

Libra's and Virgo's are both cool with me. Virgo's have a neat gene that keep everything clean. Libra's are romantic.

I kind of feel sorry for your sister I wouldn't want to be something I couldn't pronounce.

Anonymous said...

seroplex antidepresseur, seroplex et alcool, http://www.generiqueseroplex10m.sitew.com
http://www.harelskaat.com/forums/index.php?showuser=79169
http://22.6te.net/profile.php?id=53334
http://www.forum.bwor.net/member.php?u=20848
http://forum.samaradom.ru/index.php?showuser=106897
http://mediaforum.co.il/member.php?24960-Seroplex
http://www.moxguild.com/forum/index.php?showuser=25669
http://tazforum.thetazzone.com/php3//memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2830
http://space-rollerclub.od.ua/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=337
http://avalon-print.com/forum/member.php?u=2824
http://www.sooqal3aqar.com/vb/member.php?u=65193

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

I can truly say that I have never read so much useful information about Blogger: TheDahnReport - Post a Comment. I want to express my gratitude to the webmaster of thedahnreport.blogspot.com.