Saturday, January 29, 2011

Lists & Laughs

When Pablo Casals reached 95, a young reporter asked him "Mr. Casals, you are 95 and the greatest cellist that ever lived. Why do you still practice six hours a day?" Mr. Casals answered, "Because I think I'm making progress."

The answer to yesterday's Who Am I was Karen Horney. As DR pointed out this very interesting woman could have been the founder of self-help psychology. Because the second article is so long we are going to only do two articles today. As I think the second article may have you laughing so hard that you might not get to any other article I'm going to do the article on the uses of corn starch first:

http://www.diylife.com/2011/01/21/cornstarch-unusual-uses/?icid=main%7Chtmlws-sb-n%7Cdl5%7Csec1_lnk3%7C198005

I'm heading out to buy some corn starch so I can wash windows today. What are you using corn starch for today?

And you thought yesterday was weird. OK, I really think this is more funny than weird:

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/01/29/the-week-in-weird-sex-toy-assault-edition/

I learned a lot from reading the above, including what to do with those dead bodies in my garage if anyone ever does find them. Anything in the article surprise you? Make you laugh?

Hope this will be a great day for you. As always I look forward to your comments.

4 comments:

Pat said...

Love the Casals story! And I'm sure it will someday be useful to know how NOT to try to reanimate a corpse.

Knokkers sounds like fun. I'm afraid I have no comment on the sex toy woman.

Lady DR said...

Loved Casel's response. Corn starch - who knew? I've read lots of home cleaning recipes, but this is the first I've run into the corn starch. A couple possibilities there.

As to the second article - interesting approach to reviving the dead body (wry s). The woman and the sex toy - like Pat, no comment. They guy with his custom chair - more power to him, finding a way to enjoy all seasons. Knokkers might be fun. It would feel a little strange to be a full sized person on a pool table.

William J. said...

Hi Pat

I might purchers the Knokkers for my house.

And maybe I was just in a different mood but I thought the toy story was hiliarious.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi DR

The corn starch did surprise me.

I filed the dead body article away for future reference and I admit to thinking the toy article was a riot.

And I love the custom chair and how inventive the guy was.

Bill