Sunday, January 30, 2011

Wound Care Update.

J. K. Rowling: Rowling may be rolling in a lot of Harry Potter dough today, but before she published the series of novels she was nearly penniless, severely depressed, divorced, trying to raise a child on her own while attending school and writing a novel. Rowling went from depending on welfare to survive to being one of the richest women in the world in a span of only five years through her hard work and determination.

My update. Last week. Three days and two nights at Mom's. Five games of Scrabble, three loads of laundry, Mom's books for the year, grocery shopping for two households, a lunch and dinner out with mom, making two lunches and two dinners, the doctor to look at my leg, my annual eye appointment, a dinner out with the family and the movie THE FIGHTER. Good news. My eyesight hasn't changed in three years now. Bad news. My leg hasn't healed yet.

Next week. See the doctor on Wednesday for possible wound care on my leg. Prayers and good thoughts are appreciated. Two nights, three days at Mom's. The movie The Black Swan. Tonight I am going to watch the Screen Actors Guild awards show. I will be rooting for The King's Speech and Colin Firth.

Entertainment update. Rumor has it that Lorenzo Lamas and Donna D'Errico are trying to get on Dancing With The Stars and that Lindsay Lohan and Tod Palin may be competing as well. It has been announced that Derek Hough will sit on this season to work on a movie. The cast of Dancing With The Stars will be announced the first of February. The Amazing Race starts Sunday February 20th and is kind of an all star version with runner ups and favorites from previous seasons competing. You can see the cast here:

http://www.amazingracefanwiki.com/photos/album/187593/TAR+18%3A+Cast+Photos

The blog is now yours. Tell me everything. Ups, downs, joys, events that you experienced last week and or going to experience next week. Looking forward to you sharing you lives with me.

4 comments:

Pat said...

I'm worried about your leg. Lots of good vibes coming for healing!

Who is Donna D'Errico?

William J. said...

Hi Pat

She is from Baywatch.

Thanks for the good wishes, sure seems to be taking forever to heal.

Bill

Lady DR said...

I read your updates and picture you meeting yourself coming and going, with all you do. Good news on the eyesight but, like Pat, I'm concerned about the leg. What's wound care? Definitely keeping you in my prayers and sending positive thoughts.

A nice quiet week of pool, line dance, editorial work, some domestic duties. Baked bread, fixed meals, did groceries, just like you. After weeks of miserably cold/snowy/wet weather, the sun came out Wednesday and temps climbed. Today and yesterday were low to mid sixties - be still my fainting heart! - and I spent them outdoors. Heaven! I was unable to garden last year, due to shoulder and hip, and the year before, with all that was going on with Mom and then her move, so I am waaaay behind on a neglected property, but hoping this year will be different. At any rate, all leaves along the 150' drive and the back corner of the upper level are raked clear and have been put through the mulcher and I've five huge lawn bags of mulch so far. 'Course, it may take a small crane to get me out of bed tomorrow AM and I'm already looking forward to time in the PT pool. I may just put 5# weights on my ankle and "hang" in the deep end half an hour, to get everything back in line/position (wry s). It's worth it. I even had a couple windows open this afternoon, just for fresh air in the house. Decided to just enjoy the weather, as we're to see rain and low temps again by tomorrow afternoon, so this weekend was definitely a gift.

William J. said...

Hi DR

I don't exactly know what would care is, it is what the reccomended that my primary doctor due and I think it may involve cleaning and stitching.

Glad you hade a quiet week but it sounded quite busy to me. Really good news that the sun is out!! I'm hoping that the gardening goes well and you will not need a crane to get you out of bed tomorrow! Keep us posted.

Bill