Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Names, Brains, & Recalls.

John Constable's luminous painting Watermeadows at Salisbury was dismissed in 1830 by a judge at the Royal Academy as "a nasty green thing." Name of the judge, anyone? Anyone?

The answer to yesterday's Who Am I was Dame Barbara Cartland. Off to my annual eye appointment then over to Mom's to take her to lunch and spend the next three days and two nights there. Before leaving I have two questions to ask you and then am going share an article about recalls.

What is in a name?

http://jobs.aol.com/articles/2009/02/02/does-your-name-spell-success/?icid=main%7Chp-laptop%7Cdl9%7Csec3_lnk1%7C197178

I'm stuck with my name. I have to many letterheads left to change my name now.

Are you a left or right brain thinker? You can find out by reading the following article?

http://jobs.aol.com/articles/2009/01/26/are-you-a-right-or-left-brain-thinker/?icid=main%7Chp-laptop%7Cdl9%7Csec3_lnk1%7C197141

I got six right brain and four left brain answers which probably means I'm a mess. Can you be middle brained?

Part of my blog is to provide helpful information. Here are the latest recalls that you haven't heard of:

http://www.walletpop.com/2011/01/21/consumer-allys-recall-roundup-generators-snowmobiles-salsa-a/?icid=main%7Chp-laptop%7Cdl8%7Csec3_lnk1%7C196661

Anything on the recall list surprise you?

Looking forward to your comments and to see the right and left brainers amongst us.

6 comments:

Pat said...

I seem to be fairly evenly split between right and left brain, leaning a bit toward the left.

My name doesn't seem to show up, so I'm at a loss, but since my career days are over, I guess it doesn't matter much.

Don't have anything that's been recalled, I am happy to report.

Have a good time at your mom's. You are such a good son!

Lady DR said...

I give up, who was the judge?

My name wasn't on any of the lists, but I can put the lie to the issue of people with "D" names having lower GPAs and such, as I was pretty much a straight A student throughout school and in Nat'l Honor Society. Never had any desire to change my name.

I got six left, four right, which makes me the same mess you are. Quite frankly, I think it puts us ahead of the game, because we can be both creative and able to implement ideas and creativity. So there!

Like Pat, had none of the recalled items. The LP gas, with no warning odor, surprised me, as did the Marie Callendar stuff, which I'd not heard about. Most of the rest of the stuff is pretty much under my radar, I guess.

William J. said...

Hi Pat

I just think we are all coming out evenly split because we are so well rounded.

My name didn't show up either.

I'm going to try to make it as pleasant as possible mom is gett worse pretty fast and I want to make life as enjoyable as I can for her.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi DR

I don't know who the judge is either. The website where I get the information was making a point. Sort of like the Elvis thing. Nobody remembers the guy that told him to be a truck driver.

I had a hard time with the name thing as to whether to go with my birth name William or my commonly known name Bill. I got B's and above in college but didn't do that great in high school.

And I agree with you about the left right brain thing. We are special.

I'm glad there was nothing on the recall list. A lot of it surprised me too.

Bill

Lady DR said...

Bill, I'm so sorry to hear your mom is failing. She looked so good in the birthday photos. I understand you wanting to spend quality time with her and hope she improves.
(Hugs to both of you)

William J. said...

Hi DR

I didn't mean to give the impression that it is worse then it is. It is just that the memory lapses are more frequent, the pain is more intense, and she sleeps more. I just think she has maybe a year left.

Bill