Saturday, January 8, 2011

Mad About You

Well not really mad about anyone just mad in general.

Decca Records turned down a recording contract with the Beatles with the un-prophetic evaluation, "We don't like their sound. Groups of guitars are on their way out." After Decca rejected the Beatles, Columbia records followed suit.

The answer to yesterday's Who Am I was Mary Wollstonecraft. An interesting fact provided by Pat is that her daughter wrote Frankenstein.

Police are asking if anyone cares. Well, I care and am providing a link to the article with a picture so that everyone that reads this can be on the lookout for the young woman:

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/01/07/police-national-media-needed-in-search-for-missing-north-caroli/?icid=main%7Chp-laptop%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk3%7C194167

I'm a little upset that the national media hasn't stepped up to the plate. Pass on the article and the picture to your friends.

I also care about the elderly and am upset at many people mentioned in the following article but most of my anger is directed at the idiot attorney that didn't file the proper paperwork so that the couple could keep their pet.

http://www.pawnation.com/2011/01/07/octogenarians-fined-12-000-over-cat/?icid=main%7Chp-laptop%7Cdl5%7Csec3_lnk3%7C194105

Who are you mad at in the above story? The elderly couple? The attorney? The association?

As long as we are being mad at people today, which companies are you mad at?

http://jobs.aol.com/articles/2011/01/06/15-most-hated-companies-in-america/?icid=main%7Chtmlws-sb-n%7Cdl4%7Csec3_lnk2%7C194071

Did any of the companies on your list also make this list? BP and McDonald's made my list.

Enjoy the weekend and then on Monday night at 5:30 PM Pacific Daylight Time go Quackers and root for my Oregon Ducks as they play Auburn in the College Football national championship game.

4 comments:

Lady DR said...

You know, given the exposure provided by the media, I'd think they'd jump on an opportunity to improve their image, by being helpful in the search for the missing teen. I also think they have a responsibility to do so.

I'm equally upset with the story about the elderly couple and the condo regs. There are a lot of questions. Did the couple know about the "no pet" policy, when they moved in? Did they provide documentation the cat was important to the wife's well being? And it sounds like their lawyer was pretty incompetent. If the need for the cat was presented immediately in the case, it would seem to me some sort of settlement or resolution could have been reached quickly. Interesting the judge issued the $12K fine or fee, then told them to sue their attorney. Like you, I'm not sure with whom I'm most irritated.

As to companies... I don't have a lot of truck with most of them, nor knowledge about most of them. We used to use Best Buy a lot, but rarely do so anymore, unless we have no choice. McD's. no clue, unless the negatives are coming from employees and/or stock-holders. Their service and such seems to vary widely from one site to another. AT&T we have to use (only choice) but we use them only for local land line. I know a lot of folks are unhappy with their long distance and internet service. We never use BP, because they're one of the more expensive stations here.

Pat said...

The girl's photo should be all over the news. It's disgusting that Natalee Holloway got so very much publicity but a black girl disappearing right here in this country gets nothing.

I'm not mad at the elderly couple, and I sympathize with their having to learn how to navigate the legal system. I don't know how to do that, and hope I never have to learn. The condo association should make an exception and the attorney should be sued and forced to pay the fine.

From that list, I pretty much hate Charter Communications and BP. I'm not fond of B of A on general principles, though I've had no major problems there. I've had no problems personally with any of the others, so my hatred quotient is at zero until one of them pisses me off.

I will probably see some of the game when I go to visit my mom. Oh, or maybe not, because the chef won't be there that night and nobody else cares about sports. But if I do happen to see it, I'll root for the Ducks, and will send a general good wish for them to prevail.

William J. said...

Hi DR

I think the news media would be all over this story and shouting at the top of their lungs that they will do everything to help.

I like the judge telling them to sue the attorney because I really think that idiot is the one at fault. I'm guessing the couple did know when they moved in about the pet policy but I am also guessing medical personnel suggested a cat or dog for health reasons.

McD's have done things that elicited a lot of bad publicity like telling their employees if they didn't vote Republican in the last election they wouldn't get a raise. They also have sued at will anyone using Mc in their name which also elicits bad publicity.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi Pat

I had the same reaction as you did. White gets pub, black doesn't. They still have families that care no matter what the color.

I agree that the condo association should make an exception to the rule for the elderly couple. I mean it isn't barking keeping neighbors up. And I'd not only sue the attorney I file a complaint against him with his state bar.

I've never used Charter. BP bugs me because of the Oil spill.

The game Monday is the biggest thing that has happened in Oregon since 1977. There will be no traffic on the street during the game. Businesses are closing early. Cities have postponed council meetings scheduled that night. TVs are showing up in grocery stores amd whereever people have to work.

Bill