Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Adermatoglyphia.

Been afraid to commit a crime because you are afraid the finger prints left behind will send you to the clinker? There is hope for you.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/16/no-fingerprint-disease-adermatoglyphia_n_928762.html?icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-sb-nb%7Cdl11%7Csec3_lnk3%7C87036

I think I still avoid committing a crime because it would just be my luck that I have fingerprints. How about you?

Do you like Peanut butter sandwiches? What do you like them with? Here are some suggestions.

http://eatocracy.cnn.com/2011/08/16/peanut-butter-and-vidalia-onions-and-other-strange-sandwich-delights/?hpt=hp_bn8

Do you have any weird sandwiches that you will admit to? When a young kid I used to eat peanut butter and bologna sandwiches. I don't do that anymore.

Speaking of food. What do your dog or dogs eat?

http://eatocracy.cnn.com/2011/08/16/the-dog-ate-my-everything/

Comment Away.

QUOTES:

Erica Jong was the author of yesterday's quote. "People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." This quote was said by a shrink born in 1926 and died in 2004. She was a pioneer in studying near death experiences. She is a 2007 inductee into the American National Women's Hall of Fame.[2] She was the recipient of twenty honorary degrees and by July 1982 had taught, in her estimation, 125,000 students in death and dying courses in colleges, seminaries, medical schools, hospitals, and social-work institutions. We have already mentioned DEATH AND DYING but have you thought about DEATH: THE FINAL STAGE OF GROWTH? If you have you can tell me who authored today's quote.

6 comments:

Pat said...

Well, that's a new one! Born without fingerprints, who knew? I guess it's a good thing if you're planning on a life of crime, but it must be a hassle when getting a driver's license or other legit fingerprint activity.

I've never done peanut butter and onions of any kind, but I once dated a guy who liked peanut butter, too. We once tried a combo of grilled peanut butter, tomato, avocado and bacon. It was delicious. There may have been something else on there, too, but I forget. I should try that again sometime.

My dogs didn't steal food unless we were terribly careless, but there was one time when we had first gotten them... it was my daughter's birthday, probably her sixth or seventh. We had left the living room for a moment, and came back to find puppy Trouble on a dining chair with his face buried in the birthday cake. I think I screamed so loudly that he never again climbed onto a dining chair, let alone ate a birthday cake.

William J. said...

Hi Pat

Interesting. I never gave any thought to how hard it would be for them to get a license or a passport.

That peanut butter sandwich that you made sounded delicious. They actually have a peanut butter food cart in Portland, here is their menu:

http://www.pbjsgrilled.com/

Very funny story about the dog and the birthday cake. Trouble is a great name for a dog.

Bill

Lady DR said...

Interesting about the fingerprints. While lack may mean they can't prove you guilty, how do you prove your innocent? Or get a passport? Or other such things that require a fingerprint.

Peanut butter and onions just doesn't quite do it for me. When I was a kid, my uncle introduced me to peanut butter sprinkled with sugar. And, while not a sandwich, my favorite "salad" was a banana split lengthwise, spread with peanut butter and served on a lettuce leaf. I like BLTs, without the tomatoes.

Our dogs eat dog food, with a bite or two of human food after a meal, if they've remained quietly under the table without begging and sit and eat "dainty." Sometimes a bit of human food mixed in witth their dog food, if it's gravy or such. I did have one dog who really liked deviled eggs and I darde not put them out on the coffee table until guests were there to supervise, as she could slide her tongue under the egg and slide it right off the plate.

Then there was the "conspiracy." We left a ham, as I recall, on the kitchen counter to defrost, while we made a quick grocery run. Neither of the dogs could reach the counter. The cat, however, was another story. Near as we can figure, he got on the counter, managed to push the casserole dish off the edge and the three had a feast. It's absolutely amazing none of them were cut by the broken pieces of corningware or the glass lid and none of them ingested it! They certainly were full and satisfied little critters when we got home!

Pat said...

Love PBJ's menu! Wish I could get up there to sample some of them.

Trouble actually was very sweet and not a lot of trouble, but when we first got him, from a friend who had rescued him, my friend's parting words as we left were, "You know you're letting yourself in for trouble, Pat". My daughter caught it right away. "That's it!" she cried, "We'll call him Trouble!" And we did. We tried to change it later to something fancier, like "Gandalf the Grey" from Lord of the Rings, but nothing stuck but "Trouble".

William J. said...

Hi DR

I gave this some thought while overnight at Mom's they would have to go with something like facial recognition software to get a passport of maybe footprints unless the disease prevents that too.

That sounds kind of ugly really sugar and peanut butter just sounds to sweet. Now the salad I'd eat in a heart beat, it sounds delivious.

I love that you give the dogs a little bit of human food. Deviled Eggs, that is kind of funny as well as the story of the three animals with the cat as the ringleader. lol.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi Pat

If you get up here I will take you to PBJ's for lunch and Higgins for dinner.

I like the name Trouble. It is just so different. It is also a fun story of how he was named.

Bill