Friday, August 26, 2011

Diamonds, Houses, & Jobs.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DR!!! May the worst of your tomorrows be better than the worsts of your yesterday!!

Diamonds would be a good birthday gift, now? Well, I know a place where you can get free diamonds, it just might be a little difficult to get there.

http://news.yahoo.com/astronomers-discover-planet-made-diamond-014913051.html

The house of the week:

http://realestate.aol.com/blog/2011/08/25/house-of-the-day-rock-solid-resort-style-living/?icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-sb-nb%7Cdl6%7Csec3_lnk2%7C8960

Last year's survey of the most dangerous job in America picked convenience store clerk. This one has new jobs at the top.

http://news.yahoo.com/mining-police-most-dangerous-u-jobs-150504899.html

Comment Away.

QUOTE

Sandra Day O'Connor authored yesterday's quote. "I would venture to guess that Anon, who wrote so many poems without signing them, was often a woman." was said by an English author, essayist, publisher, and writer of short stories, regarded as one of the foremost modernist literary figures of the twentieth century. She was born in 1882 and died in 1941. Her work was criticized for epitomizing the narrow world of the upper-middle class English intelligentsia. Some critics judged it to be lacking in universality and depth, without the power to communicate anything of emotional or ethical relevance to the disillusioned common reader weary of the 1920s aesthetes. She was also criticized by some as an anti-semite, despite her being happily married to a Jewish man. This anti-semitism is drawn from the fact that she often wrote of Jewish characters in stereotypical archetypes and generalizations, including describing some of her Jewish characters as physically repulsive and dirty. Have you ever taken THE VOYAGE OUT? Or have your ever gone TO THE LIGHTHOUSE? If you have done either you can answer the question, who authored today's quote.

2 comments:

Pat said...

I'll chime in with another birthday wish, DR. You know I want the best time for you in all things.

I'm not personally into diamonds--they just don't go with my extremely casual wardrobe. But this one sounds like the size would put our current recordholders to shame and would not be likely to be found weighing down even the wealthiest third finger. It would be nice to know more about it--whether it's a "perfect" diamond or not. But from a distance would be just fine. Jewelers, stay away!

Love the stone house! But it's a little large for just me, who can't even keep my measly current little house clean. Wouldn't mind staying there for a little vacation, though.

I can't argue with mining and police work being the country's most dangerous jobs. I do wonder if convenience store clerk comes in third, having lost first place. Not a job I'd want at any time, but certainly not the night shift. Of course it was always pretty much always off my work radar, as were mining and police work. {g}

William J. said...

Hi Pat

I am not into diamonds but I am also not alleergic to money and instead of using them for my wardrobe I'd sell them. I laughed at it wouldn't fit on the finger comment. I'd like to know more about the diamond too.

The stone house is a little large for me also. Maybe we can all go together and buy it and use for a resort.

I was kind of hoping the were going to give us the top ten most dangerous jobs, I will see if I kind find a list.

Bill