Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Disturbing

Today only the stories that I found disturbing.

First up are men that should be banned from the United States forever.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/08/mek-lobbying_n_913233.html

How do we allow this to happen? We should take their salaries away from them.

From men bad to the core that have no conscience to a good man being discriminated against.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/08/raymond-johnson-breast-cancer-man_n_921016.html?1312821006&icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-main-nb%7Cdl6%7Csec1_lnk2%7C8

Can you believe this?

Back to bad men. I don't really believe in the death penalty but I would seriously consider supporting it in the case of this idiot. Certainly at minimum he should be tied up and be beaten by several women so he knows how it feels.

http://www.aol.com/2011/08/08/eliseo-ortiz-jailed-in-va_n_920888.html?ir=Crime&icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-main-nb%7Cdl14%7Csec3_lnk3%7C84734

As soon as you settle down Comment Away.

PS

Here is an update on the orange goo in the small Alaskan village.

http://www.oregonlive.com/newsflash/index.ssf/story/orange-goo-near-remote-alaska-village-idd/e27ec07227e04ae8a7a0bef09dd9a3ea

QUOTES

Martha Washington authored yesterday's quote. "Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated." - Was said by a woman born in 1927 and died in 2006. After her husband's assassination she became the leading Civil Rights activist and fought for Women's rights. She also became an author. Her husband said of her, "I am indebted to my wife without whose love, sacrifices, and loyalty neither life nor work would bring fulfillment. She has given me words of consolation when I needed them and a well-ordered home where Christian love is a reality." She was also under surveillance by the Federal Bureau of Investigation from 1968 until 1972. Her husband's activities had been monitored during his lifetime. Documents obtained by a Houston, Texas television station how that the FBI worried that she would "tie the anti-Vietnam movement to the civil rights movement." A spokesman for the family said that they were aware of the surveillance, but had not realized how extensive it was. Did your hear freedom ring from the curvaceous peaks of California, or from the snowcapped Rockies of Colorado, or did you hear it ring from Stone Mountain of Georgia? If you did you can tell me who authored today's quote.

4 comments:

Pat said...

It seems there are two sides to the MEK story, at least if you listen to Howard Dean. However, giving paid speeches on subjects you only know from the side of the people paying you is a bad move, politically and morally. Maybe not financially.

The second story is a travesty. Talk about discrimination! I hope now that there's some publicity, this man will get help with his medical bills.

I think the death penalty would be a little heavy for a concussion, broken nose and black eyes, even on a nun. I think I'd save that for aggravated murder and rapes of children. But this guy should be put away somewhere, probably for life. I like your suggestion of letting a few women beat up on him.

Thanks for keeping up with the orange goo story. I'll be interested to hear whether they ever find out where the micro eggs come from.

Lady DR said...

The MEK story bothers me most because these are high profile speakers, most of whom seemed to know little to nothing about MEK before being asked to speak and what they do know, they learned from the terrorist organization itself. I doubt it's particularly objective. Despite the loopholes and around-your-left-elbow method of payment, the bottom like is they're taking money from a terrorist organization to further that group's interest. I find this depressing and distressing.

I had no idea men were excluded from assistance for breast cancer. While it may not be common, there are certainly stats showing it's not really uncommon and more and more cases are being identified. I hope this case gets the situation turned around to the benefit of the current patient and all others.

I agree with Pat the death penalty might be a bit stiff (and hard to get) for the assailant, but he needs to be put away for a long time. Yes, being beaten by a group of women would be a good part of the sentence. It didn't mention if he's had a history of assault or abuse.

I feel sorry for the residents of Kevilan. They've no idea what the lingering effects of the eggs might be and/or if there are still particles in the water they rely on and which is running low. I hope they get some answers soon from the various testing they're doing.

William J. said...

Hi Pat

Anytime someone is making money off of someone that is threatening us and they are citizens I just think it flat out wrong. I like Dean but I would be with banning the practice.

I also hope this man's plight will bring awareness to the discrimination if it is the norm and not the exception.

Not only was this lady a nun she was 82 and elderly. A man that would beat up either is scum of this earth and doesn't really deserve to be on it.

I will keep my eyes and ears open to see there is more to the gooey egg story.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi DR

You hit the nail on the head on what bothers me about the MEK story. And I hat that they furthering a groups interest whose main goal is to disrupt and kill.

The man with cancer story is so unbeleivable that it makes me wonder if his is the normal story or the exception story.

Scumbags don't deserve to live. I am guessing he has a history of violence. This isn't something one does in the middle of life after living a life of non-violence.


Now that you mention it I feel sorry for the residents too. I remember how I felt when Mt. St. Helens erupted and nobody new how the ash would effect us.

Bill