Monday, August 1, 2011

Sugar Daddys, Who He Is, & Doga

A surprising but in my mind a disturbing trend:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/29/seeking-arrangement-college-students_n_913373.html?icid=main%7Chp-laptop%7Cdl3%7Csec1_lnk1%7C220630

Certainly the bad economy has a lot to do with this trend but I am just thinking there are to many risks out there to make money this way. What do you think? Good idea or bad idea?

Could we really be close to finding out who one of the most infamous character in history really is?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/08/01/fbi-credible-lead-surfaces-in-db-cooper-case/?icid=main%7Chp-laptop%7Cdl4%7Csec1_lnk1%7C220643

What do you think happened to D.B. Cooper? I think he is most likely dead now. But I don't think he died the day of the hijacking. My guess is he sold the money on the black market, had a sex change, and lived his life out as a woman. What do you think happened?

Next up is a story about Yoga going to the dogs:

http://news.yahoo.com/let-dogs-yoga-class-100433216.html

Is doga a good idea?

Comment Away.

QUOTES

"We think sometimes that poverty is only being hungry, naked and homeless. The poverty of being unwanted, unloved and uncared for is the greatest poverty. We must start in our own homes to remedy this kind of poverty." Said the religious woman born in 1910 and died in 1997. Many people called her Mother and that she was. She often said we will have nun of that that. For over 45 years she ministered to the poor, sick, orphaned, and dying. Her Missionaries of Charity grew during her life-time, and at the time of her death, they had 610 missions in 123 countries, including hospices and homes for people with HIV/AIDS, leprosy and tuberculosis, soup kitchens, children's and family counseling programs, orphanages, and schools. As a young woman she wrote in her diary that her first year as a missionary was fraught with difficulties. She had no income and had to resort to begging for food and supplies. She experienced doubt, loneliness and the temptation to return to the comfort of convent life during these early months. She wrote in her diary: "Our Lord wants me to be a free nun covered with the poverty of the cross." Who Authored today's quote?

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I've done yoga in a studio with a tough teacher we called the Yoga Nazi behind her back.

And then I do "yoga with pets" as a friend with pets called it, when your pets sleep in the same bed as you.

The four-legged yogis in yoga with pets are the toughest. They put you into impossible pretzel positions and make sure you stay that way. For the whole night.

But actually, doga looks fun. Unless the dog in question is a wolfhound. :)

Pat said...

Yes, I find that trend disturbing, also. It's just criminal that getting an education can put you so far into debt that you may never get out. Interesting that one girl interviewed turned down married men. How did she even know? She seems to have lucked out in finding a 39 y/o college prof who'll cook dinner for her. I doubt many of the girls are that fortunate. I also find flaws in the one woman's comparison of what she's doing to being a whore. She may be a high-class one, but she's a whore.

Oh, good grief! D.B. Cooper again? I couldn't care less, but I would certainly think your theory is as good as anyone else's. {g}

"Doga"?? Well, heck, why not? I would, however, agree with Dr. Brennan's doubts about the spiritual content for the dogs.

Lady DR said...

Like you, I find the first article disturbing, for various reasons. First, that a college education, which is critical to getting most jobs these days, is so expensive, women are turning to prostitution to pay for it. Second, that so many sites are making available and it's legal. Third, some of the rationalization. This has, however, been going on for some time, in some form. Forty years ago, when I was working with cops in Golden Gloves, they often "busted" topless dancers and strippers who were under 21 and the sad thing was, many of them were college students. Most of them weren't prostitutes (remember, this is the Midwest in the sixties), but they were paid well to strip and they made great tips, just sitting at a table and having a drink with a lonely man or visiting businessman.

DB Cooper - is it really important we know who he was or where he is?

Yoga and dogs... I try, but somehow I just don't see Spook or the Scamp in a yoga class. I don't think there's enough 'zen' in the world to slow either of them down to holding a stretch position (g). Then again, I put Scamp on the bed, say "meditate" and she immediately curls inside my curved arm and doesn't move for thirty minutes. Go figure.

William J. said...

Hi Snug

Always a treat to see you post!

If I did yoga it would have to be with a much easier teacher than the Yoga Nazi.

Katie cat always slept on my chest or side, I was afraid to move for fear I'd wake him up.

Maybe doing doga with a St. Barnard wouldn't be the best idea either.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi Pat

I agree that it is criminal and very unfair that an education can put you so far into debt that you are always treading water.

I also agree that most girls that use the service are not that fortunate or lucky and most of them will meet some of the worst guys in society.

I think in the ladies of the night trade the high class hookers are referred to as call girls not whores but put a tie on a pig it is still a pig.

I'd like to know who D.B. Copper is or was. The FBI certainly wants to know because it is one of their biggest mistakes.

Wasn't there a book or a movie, "All Dogs Go To Heaven"?
Maybe that is where they got their spirit.

If Doga is now, will Catoga be far behind?

Bill

William J. said...

Hi DR

The first article is disturbing for all the reasons you said plus more.

I think accounting is the oldest profession and prostitution is next so it has been going on forever. It has just spread to new hights with college loans being paid off with it.

My experience representing exotic dancer in an IRS cancer was the same as yours, college students, and in one case a law student. They made a ton.

I think the FBI wants to clear the DB Cooper case because it is so embarassing for them.

I actually can see Katie doing Yoga. Darn cute that you make Scamp meditate!!

Bill

Lady DR said...

Oh, I don't "make" Scamp meditate. She took to it like a duck to water, after about three days. Soon as I finished pages and started making the bed and got out the meditation pillow, she was right by the bed, watching, asking to come up. Watches me do my neck therapy exercises then, soon as I settle, she curls up in the crook of my arm.

William J. said...

Hi DR

Make was a typo. I meant to say it was cute that he makes himself into a balls and meditates!

Bill