Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Inspiring, Legal Cheating, & Turning Red.

Are you tired of the debt ceiling talk? Amidst the bull and idiotic political wrangling is one shining moments that all can appreciate. All of us can stand and cheer the following story:

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-debt-giffords-20110802,0,4910712.story

We need more like her in Congress.

You all know one of my favorite subjects is the lottery. I even go so far as to often list my occupation as "future lottery winner." According to the following article it does pay quite well, but it has a high investment:

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/08/01/elderly-couple-cheats-lottery-win-millions/

How long before they close this loophole.

Have you ever played that game where you hold your breath until you turn blue? I haven't but the following article tells of a body of water that held its breath until it turned red.

http://news.yahoo.com/end-times-texas-lake-turns-blood-red-121202631.html

Comment Away.


QUOTES

The author of yesterday's quote was Mother Teresa. Today's quote author, Bill actually met in the long ago past. "A charming woman doesn't follow the crowd. She is herself.." And Bill can tell you she was very charming. This actress was born in 1913 and died in 2000. She started as an actress at the very young age of four. At age 35 she won the best actress award for being some FAMER'S DAUGHTER. She made her last movie when she was forty. She would later win three Emmys for a TV series bearing her name. Her trademark was to appear dramatically at the beginning in various high fashion evening gowns. She returned at the program's conclusion to offer a brief passage from the Bible, or a famous quote, that reflected upon the evening's story. (her introductions and conclusions to her television shows were not rerun on television because she legally stipulated that they not be; she did not want the dresses she wore in those segments to "date" the program.) Her program ran in prime time on NBC for eight years, the longest-running prime-time network program hosted by a woman up to that time. Who authored today's quote?

4 comments:

Pat said...

I knew immediately, without even looking, what your "shining moment" story would be today. I imagine everyone who saw that moment had the same reaction.

$600K worth of Lottery tickets??? I'd like to hear what they actually won after that little expenditure.

So the end times are heralded by a bunch of dead fish? Who knew? {g} There's sure a lot of stuff in Revelation that can be related to natural disasters. The quote the preacher found for this one is particularly apt.

Lady DR said...

Yes, on the shining moment. The lady is quite a lady, from everything I've seen and read.

If I had hundreds of thousands to spend on lottery tickets... well I just can't imagine. It's no wonder my periodic one dollar ticket doesn't net me anything .

Interesting article on the red lake. There are any number of things happening that people can point to. I've worked on a couple ms in the past year or so that bring a lot of points.

William J. said...

Hi Pat

I kind of thought everyone would know immediately about the shining moment but it was such a neat thing in the middle of all that bull that I just had to share it.

The 600K shocked me too. They had won a million dollars over the previous year so they are reinvesting part of that but like you I would want to know how much they won.

The end of time is either heaalded by a bunch of fish or an idiotic from the San Francisco but I think they are both wrong.

Bill

PS

I need to read revalation again.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi DR

Second try at this post.

The Arizona senator is one of my heroes as is her husband who has stuck by her all the way.

There are more winners of the lottery that buy one dollar tickets then there are winners that are multiple buyers. So stick in there.

I think it is amazing how much you learn from editing manuscripts. That makes you one of the most informed people I know!

Bill