Monday, August 8, 2011

The Fun Meets The Weird

It is Monday so let's just do fun or weird stuff.

That Hershey bar you have been eating, does it taste a little different?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/04/hersheys-website-acked_n_918142.html?icid=main%7Chp-laptop%7Cdl10%7Csec3_lnk1%7C220986

Enough about tastes let's move on to smells. Are you sensitive to smell when you are out in public?

http://news.yahoo.com/italian-town-mayor-bans-smelly-kebabs-175508434.html

I'm not sure this is a good idea or a bad idea. I am sensitive to smell but I am also sensitive to wanting to eat.

I guess there just isn't enough jackasses in California.

http://news.yahoo.com/wild-donkeys-taken-hawaii-california-192312648.html

Comment Away

QUOTE

"No matter how much women prefer to lean, to be protected and supported, nor how much men desire to have them do so, they must make the voyage of life alone, and for safety in an emergency they must know something of the laws of navigation." was said by a woman once featured on The Dahn Report as an answer to the Who Am I of the day. She was an American social activist, abolitionist, and leading figure of the early woman's movement. Her Declaration of Sentiments, presented at the first women's rights convention. She was born in 1815 and died in 1902. Unlike many of those involved in the woman's rights movement, she addressed various issues pertaining to women beyond voting rights. Her concerns included women's parental and custody rights, property rights, employment and income rights, divorce laws, the economic health of the family, and birth control. She was also an outspoken supporter of the 19th-century temperance movement. After the American Civil War, her commitment to female suffrage caused a schism in the woman's rights movement when she, together with Susan B. Anthony, declined to support passage of the Fourteenth and Fifteenth Amendments to the United States Constitution. Have you ever thought about or enjoyed SOLITUDE OF SELF?If so you can tell me who authored today's quote.

8 comments:

Pat said...

Well, that Hershey article is a little short on information, imo. What recipe? What did they do to change it? Did they improve it or wreck it?

Kind of silly to ban kebabs anywhere, I'd say. I like kebabs. Are they also banning aromatic but more traditionally Italian foods?

CA has its share of jackasses, but no more than other states, no matter our reputation as the land of fruits and nuts. We welcome the Hawaiian donkeys.

William J. said...

Hi Pat

The Hershey article was short on information but then I decided they did that on purpose because Hershey didn't want anyone to know what recipe was hacked so others my try to hack it.

I can think of a lots things that smell worse than kebabs. We going to ban onions on sandwiches everywhere?

I was surprised that they picked Californa instead of a desert state like Wyoming or South Dakota.

Bill

Lady DR said...

Like Pat, I found the Hershey article a bit short on information. Sounds like they only fiddled with one recipe? Wonder how they discovered it.

Banning food because it doesn't meet the requirements as medieval fare? It smells bad? I thought kabobs - meat on a stick - had been around for thousands of years, but what do I know? I do like his idea of mandatory public service for minors.

The donkey story is interesting. I can't imagine flying 400 donkeys across the ocean. Why not a boat? I suspect CA was chosen because (a) it's close and (b) the climate is more similar to HI?

William J. said...

Hi DR

Excellent point on the Donkeys about the climates being the same. I would imagine it is cheaper to fly that many donkeys than sending them by ship, food for one thing would be cheaper.

Wondering how they discovered is probably why Hershey realeased so little information. All though for you and I it isn't problem but there are those out that that would go from wondering to hacking another recipe.

Several schools here have required public service before the kids can graduate from high school.

Bill

dona said...

You know I got an email on the Hershey hacking a few days ago? It was about as informative as the article. I thought it was weird I got the email, but then thought Hershey decided to just email me, as I am surely their favorite customer :)

William J. said...

Hi Dona

I knew you were special!

I do wonder why I didn't get an e-mail.

Bill

Lady DR said...

Bill, I think the majority of public high schools require some sort of community service as credit towards graduation. And if they don't the majority of scholarships look very closely at public/community service as part of their decision making process. This is part of why the twins and Joey were so active in so many areas.

William J. said...

Hi DR

I didn't know if it went on every where or just here. I am pleased to find out that we aren't the only ones.

Bill