Saturday, August 20, 2011

Moo To Goo

Harriet Beecher Stowe authored yesterday's quote.

First story comes from Germany:

http://news.yahoo.com/moohunt-runaway-cow-captures-german-hearts-111358150.html

All I can say is go YVONNE!!

Next up is a follow-up to a previous story on the blog. Remember the orange goo in Alaska?

http://news.yahoo.com/orange-goo-alaska-shore-fungal-spores-010414427.html

I hope now that they know what the goo is that the residents of the village have some piece of mind.

What I am saying about the next story, is bully for the photographer.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/19/jennifer-mckendrick-penns_n_931324.html?icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-sb-nb%7Cdl11%7Csec1_lnk2%7C87871

I hope other photographers in her neck of the words join the boycott. Actually, I hope photographers every were join in.

Looking forward to seeing my brother this morning.

Comment Away.

4 comments:

Pat said...

Love the story about Yvonne. I hope she keeps her freedom as long as she wants it. And obviously, most Bavarians do, too.

Many thanks for keeping tabs on the orange goo story. But sorry officials still can't give the all-clear to the affected residents. I sincerely hope they can establish that it's non-toxic.

I agree with you. Bully for the photographer, and I hope others will take a lesson from her. I specifically hope the "ugly" girls will take a lesson.

Lady DR said...

Great story on Yvonne. I'm glad the sanctuary has stepped in, glad the shooting order has been dropped. I hope she enjoys her freedom, but if there's a danger of her being "free" during the upcoming winter, I hope they find her and get her to a safe place.

The story about Alaska remains unsettling. They haven't identified source or side effects and have no idea of toxicity, which has to make the villagers very leery of the water and anything that drinks it or lives in it. For people who live subsistence, it's a scary proposition.

Good for the photographer, not only for refusing to take the pictures, but for emailing the parents and explaining why and including the information she saw on Facebook. I do wonder what led her to the discovery. I hope not only the girls, but the parents, learn a lesson from this and maybe other parents will be a bit more careful about checking their kids' Facebook pages. If a kid won't let his parents be a "friend" and see his Facebook posts, I'd say there may be cause for concern on the parents' parts and maybe his account needs to be shut down.

William J. said...

Hi Pat

I hope Yvonne keeps her freedom and stays healthy.

I will stii keep tabs on the orange goo story. Now that they know what it is, the next stage is to find out if it is harmful.

If more people like the photographer stand up to bullying then maybe people will finally get how harmful it is.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi DR

I agree with you that if there is any chance of harm to Yvonne's health due to winter and stupid hunters that she find a safe place of the winter.

The Alaska goo story does have a lot of unsettling issues. But they are making progress. Now that they have identified it the next step is to determine if it is harmful. At least I hope it is.

Interesting question about what lead her to facebook. I never gave it much thought when reading the bullying story. Like you I hope everyone learns from the story. Education about the bullying can only help to stop it.

Bill