Friday, August 3, 2012

Did You Know?

Friday a me day. Watching the Olympics. Some shopping. Rest. Writing a chapter or two.

Did you know what a fire rainbow is? I didn't until seeing the following picture:

http://weather.aol.com/2012/08/01/amazing-fire-rainbow-over-south-florida/#page=1?icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-main-nb%7Cdl31%7Csec3_lnk1%26pLid%3D187368

Did you know that you can move to Utah and buy a town for the same price as a lot of homes in California sell for?

http://news.yahoo.com/wild-west-town-sale-utah-3-9-million-191758823.html

Did you know women only lectures are going strong?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/30/marina-abramovic-women-only-lecture_n_1720020.html?icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-sb-nb%7Cdl24%7Csec3_lnk1%26pLid%3D186334

Comment Away.

4 comments:

Pat said...

The fire rainbows are amazing! I'd never heard of such a thing before.

The town sounds like a fairly good buy. Let me take a look at my checkbook... no, darn it, not quite enough. {g}

Women only lectures? I don't get it. But I really don't get her art, either. Some of it looks like it might be interesting with a little explanation, but on second thought, maybe not.

Lady DR said...

Neat picture and article about the fire rainbows. I'd never heard of them.

I checked with the bank and they aren't interested in financing the Wild West town, I'm afraid, even with a business plan in place.

Like Pat, I don't get the women only lectures at the venue, but I also don't get her art, after skimming the slide show. I do agree with the contention that an artist is an artist and talent and creativity are not dependent on gender, although she was kinda unclear about who she said that.

William J. said...

Hi Pat

I didn't have a clue about Fire rainbows but like you said they sure are amazing.

If I win Powerball tomorrow we may have our commune.

The thing about the women only thing is I think there are a ton of reasons for a woman only event or business. Like a gym for instance. Are a seminar about women's health. I just don't think are is one of them.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi DR

That makes all three of us that haven't heard of fire rainbows.

We can use the Utah town as the commune for S16.

See my comment about women only things to Pat.

Bill