Monday, July 23, 2012

Gorillas In The Mist

Happy Monday. I am off to the Federal Building in downtown Portland. Well it actually isn't the Federal Building. They closed the Federal Building until 2013 to remodel it. All government agencies, including the IRS, that were in the Federal Building are now in the building at First and Main.

Let's start the day off with an amazing article that Pat provided for me:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2012/07/120719-young-gorillas-juvenile-traps-snares-rwanda-science-fossey/

Got any new words you want to share:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/16/new-dictionary-words-collins_n_1677657.html?icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-sb-nb%7Cdl24%7Csec3_lnk1%26pLid%3D180413

Last week I observed a remodeling project at the home of my friend Dave. I wonder if he read the following article:

http://www.stylelist.com/2012/07/16/home-remodeling-projects_n_1672729.html?utm_hp_ref=stylelist-home&icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-sb-nb%7Cdl35%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D179839

Comment Away.

2 comments:

Pat said...

I loved the article about the gorillas. I just hope they can keep teaching each other.

I also kind of like the Collins Dictionary, which I hadn't heard of before. Also new to me: "Tweeps" which is easy to translate and funny. Some of them I'd get, some I wouldn't. "Creeping" is a blank to me, since I've never watched Jersey Shore.

I wouldn't do any remodeling myself. In fact, I'd avoid any remodeling like the plague unless I could move out while it was being done.

William J. said...

Hi Pat

I loved the article also and I also hope that they can keep teaching each other and us humans can learn from them!

Thank you for the article.

I thought the dictionary was pretty interesting. I hadn't heard of a lot of the new words and like you "Creeping" was a stumper because I don't watch Jersey Shore either.

I'm with you, no remodeling for this kid. I will leave it to the experts or have my sister supervise it!

Bill