Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Veggies, Codes, & Records.

Heading out to Mom's this afternoon and the rest of the week. Be cooking a lot of dinners. The dinners may include vegetables. Well, maybe not:

http://www.everydayhealth.com/copd-pictures/foods-that-worsen-copd.aspx?xid=aol_eh-copd_6_20121210_&aolcat=AJA&icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-sb-nb%7Cdl33%7Csec3_lnk2%26pLid%3D246040

A while back we had an article about a code and pigeons. He is an update:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/17/gord-young_n_2316069.html?utm_hp_ref=world&icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-sb-nb%7Cdl7%7Csec3_lnk2%26pLid%3D246813

Records are sometimes made to be broken but sometimes people go a little to far to break records.

http://autos.aol.com/article/lisa-steed-utah-police-dui-lawsuit/?icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-sb-nb%7Cdl8%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D247001

Comment Away

4 comments:

Lady DR said...

Sounds like a busy week at your mom's.

Interesting articles. I couldn't help but wonder, as I looked through the "forbidden foods" and added them to other foods we're to avoid, just what the heck we're supposed to eat, quite frankly.I mean, the new "pyramid" eliminates a lot of food, but this survey eliminates a lot of what was left over for choices and a lot of them surprised me, especially in the fruit and vegetable categories. I'm to the point of eliminating saturated fats, sodium and the like and taking my chances in the rest.

INteresting the Brits won't accept the coding of the Canadian. Depending on his training, it's quite possible the writer was using the old WWI codes, especially if it was fairly early on in the war.

I'm all for arresting DUIs, but it sounds like this officer may have been a little over zealous. There's a lot of information missing in the article, me thinks. Be interesting to see how it all plays out.

dona said...

Happy cooking, Bill, hope your week goes well.


I would like to believe the code was cracked it does sound possible, I just don't think the Brits want to admit it was done so easy.

William J. said...

Hi DR

I completely agree with you about the things were aren't supposed to eat. Nothing is left. I'm just going to eat what I want and die happy.

I think the Brits are embarassed because somebody besides them cracked the code.

I also come down on th side of getting any drunk driver off of the road but what this officer is doing is in the long run going to keep drunk drivers on the road by overturning their convictions.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi Dona

I hope you have a great week as well.

And I agree with you about the Brits. They are just ashamed of two things, how easy it was and that they didn't crack it.

Bill